The Advanced Beam Laboratory (ABL) is located at 4325 Laporte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521. The Denver International Airport (DIA) is the closest major airport to Fort Collins Colorado. Colorado State University is about 65 miles north of DIA and there are several options for transportation to/from CSU. The drive takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes. For those using a GPS, the best address to use is 711 Oval Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80521.
- DIA houses over a dozen car rental agencies.
- Shuttles between the airport and Fort Collins can be arranged with Groome Transportation or Super Shuttle.
Note: Please allow additional time to/from DIA during inclement weather.
To CSU Advanced Beam Laboratory via E-470 to I-25
These directions apply to visitors traveling to Fort Collins via the E-470 Express Tollway to Interstate-25 from Denver International Airport Terminal or Rental Car agency:
- Take Peña Blvd. towards Terminal East for 1 mile
- Turn slight left to stay on Peña Blvd. for approximately 4.5 miles
- Merge onto E-470 North via Exit 6B towards Boulder/Fort Collins
- Merge right to take I-25 N/US-87 N via Exit 47 toward Fort Collins
- Continue North on I-25 for 42 miles
- Use exit 269B, CO-14 west toward Fort Collins.
- Merge onto CO-14 E Mulberry Street for 7 miles
- Turn right on Overland Trail for a half mile
- Turn left on Laporte Avenue for 1.2 miles
*Note: E-470 require toll passage. A photo of your license plate is taken and a bill is sent automatically to the address associated with your license plate, or to your rental car agency.